Want your law story featured on our site? Send an email to: email@example.com
For questions or comments: firstname.lastname@example.org
1February 3, 2017
4September 23, 2016
5September 23, 2016
- J&J Wins Toss Of $417M Talc Cancer Verdict In Calif. October 21, 2017A California judge on Friday tossed a jury award of $417 million from Johnson & Johnson to a woman who claimed the company's baby powder gave her ovarian cancer, finding the parties and jurors had made errors and damages were excessive.
- Law360's Pro Say: NFL’s Big Controversies See Legal Action October 21, 2017On the latest episode of Law360's Pro Say podcast, we discuss the NFL's recent legal challenges, the Supreme Court agreeing to hear cases about data privacy and competition among credit cards, the conviction of an auto racer and his attorney for a huge payday loan scheme, and a catfishing con artist that duped several firms.
- In Case You Missed It: Hottest Firms And Stories On Law360 October 21, 2017For those who missed out, here's a look back at the law firms, stories and expert analyses that generated the most buzz on Law360 last week.
- Abbott Can't Escape Failure-To-Warn Claims In Depakote Suit October 20, 2017An Illinois federal judge on Friday denied a bid by Abbott Laboratories to toss a suit alleging it failed to properly warn doctors about the risk of birth defects like spina bifida from the use of Depakote, rejecting the drugmaker's assertion that merely listing the probability of the defect on the drug's label was sufficient under […]
- Boehringer Sues Drugmakers To Block Generic Gilotrif Plans October 20, 2017German drugmaker Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals Inc. filed a pair of patent infringement suits Friday in New Jersey federal court over bids by Sandoz Inc. and Sun Pharmaceutical Industries to market generic versions of its cancer therapy drug.
- 4 Qualcomm Execs Escape Investor Suit Over Faulty Chip October 20, 2017Four Qualcomm Inc. executives escaped allegations they rushed a defective mobile chip to market after a California federal judge on Friday trimmed investors’ class action lawsuit, ruling they failed to prove the tech giant’s top brass lied about the chip in a way that cost shareholders money.
- DC Circ. Puts Immigrant Teen's Abortion On Hold, For Now October 20, 2017A three-judge panel for the D.C. Circuit on Friday nixed a lower court order requiring the federal government to allow an immigrant teenager to have an abortion, giving U.S. Health and Human Services until the end of the month for the young woman to be released to a sponsor.
- Builder Opposes Stay In Bid To Toss $23M Arbitration Award October 20, 2017Spanish construction firm Cobra Infraestructuras Hidraulicas SA has urged a Florida federal judge to deny a stay of its petition to vacate a $23 million arbitration award to a former subcontractor on a Guatemala hydroelectric project, saying a pending request for clarification cannot correct the tribunal's error.
- $120M State AG Deal With GM Preludes More State Actions October 20, 2017General Motors Co.'s $120 million settlement with attorneys general of 49 states and the District of Columbia ending allegations that the automaker hid a potentially fatal defect in its cars represents a trend that's likely to grow of state attorneys general banding together to pursue product liability claims against manufacturers.
- If J&J Talc Had Asbestos, It Could Cause Cancer, Expert Says October 20, 2017If Johnson & Johnson’s talcum powder products contained asbestos, a person using them on their child or on themselves could develop mesothelioma, a former Tulane pathology professor and asbestos expert testified in a California trial Friday for a woman alleging she developed the cancer in this way.
- Poland Spring targeted by 2nd lawsuit over labelingSource: boston.comPublished on 2017-09-13
- Taylor Swift dropped from DJ’s lawsuitSource: cnnPublished on 2017-08-12
- Chicago mayor defends lawsuit against DOJSource: cnnPublished on 2017-08-07
- Trinity College fights former student’s request for anonymity in lawsuitSource: boston.comPublished on 2017-08-02
- Lawsuits cite Trump tweets to challenge voting panelSource: cnnPublished on 2017-07-11
- Lawsuit demands election results thrown outSource: cnnPublished on 2017-07-05
- Black valedictorian forced to share honor with white student, lawsuit saysSource: cnnPublished on 2017-07-03
- Joe Paterno’s estate drops lawsuit against NCAASource: cnnPublished on 2017-07-01
- Judge: Ivanka Trump must respond in shoe lawsuitSource: cnnPublished on 2017-06-24
- Judge dismisses Kendrick Johnson lawsuitSource: cnnPublished on 2017-06-14
- Court rules against Penn State in two fraternity hazing lawsuitsSource: cnnPublished on 2017-05-31
- Mississippi police agency out of control, ACLU says in lawsuitSource: cnnPublished on 2017-05-13
- Lawsuit: Cop fired for not shooting armed suicidal suspectSource: cnnPublished on 2017-05-11
- Accuser in Seattle mayor sex abuse lawsuit reveals identitySource: cnnPublished on 2017-04-20
- Trump claims immunity as President in lawsuitSource: cnnPublished on 2017-04-18