Want your law story featured on our site? Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions or comments: email@example.com
1February 3, 2017
4September 23, 2016
5September 23, 2016
- Beyond #MeToo: How Female Lawyers Are Mobilizing Online March 18, 2018While they’ve largely declined to share public stories of sexual harassment, female lawyers have also found strength in numbers online amid the #MeToo movement. Now, they’re setting their sights on reshaping the legal industry.
- In Case You Missed It: Hottest Firms And Stories On Law360 March 17, 2018For those who missed out, here's a look back at the law firms, stories and expert analyses that generated the most buzz on Law360 last week.
- Law360's Pro Say: A New Legal Weapon In The #MeToo Battle March 17, 2018On the latest episode of Law360's Pro Say podcast, we discuss how a novel legal approach may place new liability on sex abuse enablers; the White House squashing a proposed $117 billion takeover of chipmaker Qualcomm by a foreign company; the largest agricultural litigation settlement in U.S. history; and a judge who used Shakespeare to write […]
- Sessions Fires FBI's Former No. 2 Just Before Retirement March 16, 2018Attorney General Jeff Sessions fired former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe late Friday night, roughly a day before McCabe was set to retire, because he said an internal report found the longtime Trump target made an unauthorized disclosure to the news media and lacked candor under oath multiple times.
- Fla. Property Investors Urge Cert. In $157M Fraud Suit March 16, 2018Investors urged a Florida federal court Friday to grant class certification in their suit claiming they lost nearly $157 million invested through Cabot Investment Properties LLC as a result of an embezzlement scheme run by its executives and allegedly supported by property manager CBRE Inc. and others.
- Private Equity FCA Suit More Likely Outlier Than Omen March 16, 2018The U.S. Department of Justice’s unusual decision to name a private equity firm as a defendant in a False Claims Act suit against one of the firm’s portfolio companies is an issue all private equity firms should be aware of, although the alleged circumstances of the case may mean similar complaints will be few and […]
- DC Circ. Delivers Relief, But Not Clarity, With TCPA Ruling March 16, 2018The D.C. Circuit on Friday eased some of the exposure that companies have faced since the Federal Communications Commission expanded the scope of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act in 2015, but the resulting lack of bright lines for liability ensures that the crush of legal fights under the statute are far from over, attorneys say.
- Uber Drivers Defend Standing In Data Hack Suit After Zappos March 16, 2018Drivers alleging Uber lied about a 2014 data breach that compromised their sensitive personal information told a California federal judge Friday that the Ninth Circuit’s recent Zappos ruling underscores that the mere risk of future identity theft from the hack gives them standing to pursue their putative class action.
- Trump Wants Stormy Daniels Fight Moved To Fed. Court March 16, 2018President Donald Trump has asked a California federal court to take on Stormy Daniels’ suit over an allegedly void hush contract, as his personal attorney’s consulting company claimed she had violated the deal 20 times and could owe $20 million in damages, according to court filings Friday.
- Split 11th Circ. Upholds Bias Verdict In Promotion Row March 16, 2018A heavily fractured Eleventh Circuit panel delivered a long-awaited decision in a woman’s discrimination suit alleging she was passed over for promotion because of her gender, on Friday upholding a jury’s finding of bias and affirming a decision to remove punitive damages from the verdict.
- Judge tosses Massachusetts lawsuit over birth control rulesSource: boston.comPublished on 2018-03-12
- Directors departing Wynn Resorts’ board as lawsuits pile upSource: boston.comPublished on 2018-03-08
- Former ESPN on-air personality files sexual harassment lawsuitSource: boston.comPublished on 2018-03-06
- Settlement reached in lawsuit over Connecticut educators, alleged cultSource: boston.comPublished on 2018-03-05
- Family’s lawsuit claims Steelers player mocked teenage son on SnapchatSource: boston.comPublished on 2018-02-27
- Federal lawsuit: Lyft drivers being underpaidSource: cnnPublished on 2018-02-20
- Comment on Lawsuit over use of barefoot marathoner’s name is dismissed by HomepageSource: boston.comPublished on 2018-02-20
- Shaun White refers to sexual misconduct lawsuit as ‘gossip’Source: boston.comPublished on 2018-02-14
- Lawsuit against Buccaneers over season ticketsSource: cnnPublished on 2018-01-26
- Female rowers file civil lawsuit against SMUSource: cnnPublished on 2018-01-23
- St. Paul’s School says it has settled lawsuit filed by Chessy Prout’s parentsSource: boston.comPublished on 2018-01-19
- Lawsuit: Scalpel left inside veteran for 4 yrsSource: cnnPublished on 2018-01-15
- McKayla Maroney paid to keep quiet, lawsuit saysSource: cnnPublished on 2017-12-21
- Vinny Paz’s lawsuit against ‘Bleed For This’ filmmakers tossedSource: boston.comPublished on 2017-12-07
- Lawsuit accuses utilities of jacking up natural gas pricesSource: boston.comPublished on 2017-11-19