Want your law story featured on our site? Send an email to: email@example.com
For questions or comments: firstname.lastname@example.org
1February 3, 2017
4September 23, 2016
5September 23, 2016
- Doc In Hysterectomy Suit Can't Contest Award, 3rd Circ. Hears August 23, 2017The husband of a deceased hysterectomy patient has told the Third Circuit that the patient’s surgeon cannot contest a 2014 New Jersey state court judgment against him and move the case to federal court, saying he failed to respond to the suit for over two years and that his claim to be a federal employee […]
- Insurance Co. Cleared From Coverage Dispute At 9th Circ. August 23, 2017The Ninth Circuit on Tuesday affirmed a lower court’s ruling that an Alaskan construction company can’t stretch the definition of “policy period” to cover a late claim filing.
- Enviros' Advocacy Against Pa. Townhouse Legal, Judge Says August 23, 2017A Pennsylvania state court judge on Tuesday ended a real estate developer’s lawsuit alleging an environmental group’s advocacy against a proposed townhouse project cost it “tens of millions of dollars” in lost opportunity, finding the group’s advocacy was constitutionally protected.
- Union Slams Choice Of Mine Safety Admin. Acting Policy Head August 23, 2017The president of the United Mine Workers of America criticized the recent appointment of Wayne Palmer as acting policy head of the Mine Safety and Health Administration Tuesday, questioning how much the longtime congressional staffer knows about mine safety.
- Russian Oil Co. Seeks OK $112M Award Against Ukraine August 23, 2017Russian energy company PAO Tatneft on Tuesday asked a D.C. federal court to confirm a $112 million award it won against Ukraine following the forced takeover of the country’s largest refinery, arguing that the Ukrainian government has failed to show narrow exceptions to enforcement under an international treaty.
- Navy Fleet Commander Ousted After Latest Ship Collision August 23, 2017The U.S. Navy said Wednesday it has relieved the commander of its largest fleet, Vice Adm. Joseph Aucoin, from duty after a deadly crash between a Navy ship and a commercial vessel, saying the service lost confidence in him.
- Runners Sue Organizer Over Canceled Washington Marathon August 23, 2017A marathon organizer is facing a proposed class action in Oregon federal court by a race participant alleging that the company misled registrants by canceling the September event in Vancouver, Washington, and telling runners they would not receive a full refund of their registration fees.
- CWA Suit Over NH Wastewater Treatment Plant Gets Tossed August 23, 2017A New Hampshire federal judge on Tuesday tossed a suit from a group of Portsmouth residents against the federal government, the state and the city that alleged a proposed upgrade to a wastewater treatment facility on Peirce Island wouldn't bring the city into compliance with the Clean Water Act.
- MGM’s Unequal Detroit Casino Taxes Challenge Revived August 23, 2017A Michigan appeals panel on Tuesday revived MGM’s challenge accusing Detroit of taxing the company’s casino at a higher property tax rate than the city’s other two casinos, holding that MGM has properly alleged a “mutual mistake” within the required time frame.
- Trump Again Rattles NAFTA 'Termination' Saber August 23, 2017Just two days after the first round of talks to renegotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement wrapped up, President Donald Trump on Tuesday reiterated his openness to “terminating” the deal altogether.
- Taylor Swift dropped from DJ’s lawsuitSource: cnnPublished on 2017-08-12
- Chicago mayor defends lawsuit against DOJSource: cnnPublished on 2017-08-07
- Trinity College fights former student’s request for anonymity in lawsuitSource: boston.comPublished on 2017-08-02
- Lawsuits cite Trump tweets to challenge voting panelSource: cnnPublished on 2017-07-11
- Lawsuit demands election results thrown outSource: cnnPublished on 2017-07-05
- Black valedictorian forced to share honor with white student, lawsuit saysSource: cnnPublished on 2017-07-03
- Joe Paterno’s estate drops lawsuit against NCAASource: cnnPublished on 2017-07-01
- Judge: Ivanka Trump must respond in shoe lawsuitSource: cnnPublished on 2017-06-24
- Judge dismisses Kendrick Johnson lawsuitSource: cnnPublished on 2017-06-14
- Court rules against Penn State in two fraternity hazing lawsuitsSource: cnnPublished on 2017-05-31
- Mississippi police agency out of control, ACLU says in lawsuitSource: cnnPublished on 2017-05-13
- Lawsuit: Cop fired for not shooting armed suicidal suspectSource: cnnPublished on 2017-05-11
- Accuser in Seattle mayor sex abuse lawsuit reveals identitySource: cnnPublished on 2017-04-20
- Trump claims immunity as President in lawsuitSource: cnnPublished on 2017-04-18
- Daily Mail pays Melania Trump $2.9M to settle lawsuitSource: cnnPublished on 2017-04-12