Want your law story featured on our site? Send an email to: email@example.com
For questions or comments: firstname.lastname@example.org
1February 3, 2017
4September 23, 2016
5September 23, 2016
- CFPB Turns Spotlight On Student Loan Forgiveness Program June 22, 2017The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau unveiled updated guidelines Thursday for supervisory examinations of student loan servicers, as the agency aims to curb practices that borrowers have complained are delaying or denying their access to debt relief under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program.
- Sheppard Mullin Beats Fraud Claims Over $8.5M Judgment June 21, 2017A California appellate panel on Tuesday tossed a fraud case against Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP accusing the firm of helping a client shirk an $8.5 million judgment in what the court described as a “legal saga” dating back to 2004.
- Ex-Judge Beats Ethics Row Over Acts After Friend's Death June 21, 2017The New Jersey Supreme Court on Tuesday dismissed an ethics complaint brought against a former Superior Court judge in connection with how she removed various items from the home of her one-time romantic partner in the days after she committed suicide.
- FTC Obtains TRO To Halt DraftKings, FanDuel Merger June 21, 2017The Federal Trade Commission secured a temporary restraining order against the proposed merger between DraftKings Inc. and FanDuel Inc. on Tuesday after raising concerns about the deal’s potential to create a “near-monopoly.”
- LA Times Ex-Publisher, Editor Dodge Fired Cartoonist’s Suit June 21, 2017A California judge on Wednesday dismissed a former Los Angeles Times publisher and three staffers from a fired cartoonist’s defamation suit, siding with the newspaper’s assertion that published pieces alleging inconsistencies in how the artist described a police encounter aren’t actionable under the First Amendment and state law.
- Details Emerge On Senate's ACA Repeal Bill June 21, 2017A Republican bill in the U.S. Senate to repeal much of the Affordable Care Act would temporarily extend disputed cost-sharing reductions, sharply cut Medicaid and dial back premium assistance for private insurance, according to an outline of the legislation.
- Bard Investors Sue To Stop $24B Becton Dickinson Merger June 21, 2017A C.R. Bard Inc. investor filed a proposed class action in New Jersey federal court Wednesday aiming to block the medical supply company’s sale to Becton Dickinson and Co., claiming the $24 billion price tag is too low and that investors haven’t been given enough information to evaluate the deal.
- Arista Dodges $600M Fine In Cisco Patent Dispute At ITC June 21, 2017A U.S. International Trade Commission administrative law judge has issued an initial determination that Arista's sale of redesigned network switch products complies with the terms of a cease-and-desist order imposed after Cisco accused Arista of patent infringement last year, permitting Arista to dodge a penalty of $600 million, the company announced Wednesday.
- Regulators Outline Ways To Ease Back Bank Rules June 21, 2017Federal banking regulators say that nearly 10 years after the financial crisis and seven years since the Dodd-Frank Act’s passage, the time has come for easing up on the Volcker Rule, making changes to the bank living will process, and rolling back other key regulations.
- 6th Circ. Urged To Revisit Tax Fight Over Creditor Takeover June 21, 2017The owner of a manufacturing company has asked the Sixth Circuit to throw out its earlier ruling upholding a tax judgment against him, arguing that he couldn’t pay the taxes because the company’s finances were under a creditor’s control.
- Judge dismisses Kendrick Johnson lawsuitSource: cnnPublished on 2017-06-14
- Court rules against Penn State in two fraternity hazing lawsuitsSource: cnnPublished on 2017-05-31
- Mississippi police agency out of control, ACLU says in lawsuitSource: cnnPublished on 2017-05-13
- Lawsuit: Cop fired for not shooting armed suicidal suspectSource: cnnPublished on 2017-05-11
- Accuser in Seattle mayor sex abuse lawsuit reveals identitySource: cnnPublished on 2017-04-20
- Trump claims immunity as President in lawsuitSource: cnnPublished on 2017-04-18
- Daily Mail pays Melania Trump $2.9M to settle lawsuitSource: cnnPublished on 2017-04-12
- Lawsuit: Hackers stole customer data at 1,000 Arby’s restaurantsSource: boston.comPublished on 2017-03-27
- Writer’s lawsuit says Disney copied his plans for ‘Zootopia’Source: boston.comPublished on 2017-03-21
- FDR memorial not wheelchair-friendly, lawsuit claimsSource: cnnPublished on 2017-03-18
- DOJ: Earlier travel ban talk shouldn’t count in lawsuitsSource: cnnPublished on 2017-03-15
- Hawaii files first lawsuit against new travel banSource: cnnPublished on 2017-03-08
- Lawsuit claims child left on ski lift aloneSource: cnnPublished on 2017-03-02
- Defamation lawsuit against Bill Cosby dismissedSource: cnnPublished on 2017-02-17
- Lawsuit alleges sixth death linked to Pittsburgh hospital mold outbreakSource: cnnPublished on 2017-02-14